Digital Anarchy announced the availability of Primatte Event chromakey software for Apple Aperture 3.2.
This new product features the ability to use Primatte Event in a live greenscreen photoshoot by using Aperture’s tethering and batch capabilities. This 5.1 release also includes a number of improvements to existing features in Primatte 5.0, which are available in a free update to the Primatte Chromakey plug-in for Adobe Photoshop and Photoshop Elements users.
Primatte Event is the perfect choice for photographers who work in high volume or live environments, and often process thousands of greenscreen images for events, little league and school portraits. A photographer can use Primatte Event seamlessly in a live workflow by first capturing a photo using Aperture’s Tether panel. Primatte Event will automatically remove the chromakey screen, and its improved Backdrop Preview can choose a new background on the fly. The photographer can print or save the final Primatte composite and quickly move on to the next subject, taking just a couple minutes for each photo. If handing a print to the subject immediately is not necessary, the photographer can treat photos one-by-one in Primatte Event, and process the group in batch later.
Jim Tierney, President of Digital Anarchy said:
“Our new Primatte Event plug-in was designed specifically for Aperture, and opens new possibilities for photographers who shoot a lot of greenscreen images. The tethering and batch features in Aperture make productivity and output much easier, and allow us to offer features that we can’t do in Photoshop. We’re very excited to offer this kind of solution to event photographers.”
The power of Primatte is fully available in this new, live workflow: AutoMask, 3-Step masking, color correction, backdrops and overlays. Helpful features of Primatte Event 5.1 and Primatte Chromakey 5.1 include:
- Tethered photo import: Seamlessly use Primatte Event in a tethered live workflow, processing each subject from shot to print in a few minutes. This use of Aperture opens up creative possibilities for event photographers. (Primatte Event only.)
- Batch processing: Make use of Aperture’s ability to batch process, batch all at once, or go through each photo individually to make adjustments. With one click of a button, Aperture and Primatte can batch process all of the images for a powerful high volume workflow. (Primatte Event only)
- Preview multiple backgrounds: Quickly preview multiple Backdrops and Overlays during a session. A new Move to Front feature is very helpful in flipping between logos and custom backgrounds as clients watch.
- More intelligent transforming: Scaling and rotating now operates from the center of an image, rather than transforming from top left corner, making these operations more intuitive and easier to use.
- Smarter AutoMask: Introduced in Primatte 5.0, a redesigned AutoMask tool gives a very high success rate and easier functionality when batch processing large numbers of photographs. This is an essential tool for the high volume photographer.
- Works automatically: Use Primatte Event to identify the background color, automatically key it out, and remove color spill without any user interaction.
- Industry-leading technology: For over 20 years, Primatte has been the cutting edge of chromakey technology for film, television and photography. Primatte has been used on feature films including Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and 300, and on TV shows like Deadwood and House.
Pricing and Availability
Primatte Event 5.1 is regularly priced at USD $299, and is on sale for $199 through Feb 1st, 2012. This Mac-only product works in Apple Aperture 3.0 or higher, and runs on OS 10.5, 10.6 and 10.7.
Primatte Chromakey 5.1 is regularly priced at USD $299, and is on sale for $199 through Feb 1st, 2012. A free update is available for owners of Primatte 5.0 and a discounted upgrade is available for all other Primatte owners. On Mac, the plug-in works in Photoshop CS3–CS5.1, and runs on OS 10.5, 10.6 and 10.7. On Windows, the plug-in works in Photoshop CS–CS5.1, and runs on Windows XP, Vista 32-bit/64-bit and Windows 7.
Owners of any version of Primatte Chromakey can crossgrade to Primatte Event for only $99. Owners of Primatte Chromakey 3.0 or 3.5 can alternately crossgrade to the Primatte Extreme discount bundle for $199, which includes an instant upgrade to both 5.1 releases.