Avid announced the all-new Pro Tools|HDX digital audio workstation and Pro Tools® 10 software, delivering greater performance, higher sound quality, and innovative new capabilities that set new standards for audio post and music production. Both are designed to provide the most capable, highest quality, scalable solutions to meet the evolving needs of the industry, and deliver better performance, faster workflows, and easier collaboration than ever for professional users.
The Pro Tools|HDX system enables customers to mix bigger, more complex productions, with the rock-solid performance and stability that Pro Tools|HD customers have come to expect. This new system represents a milestone in Avid’s development of DSP-accelerated hardware, delivering up to 5x more DSP per card, over a thousand dB of additional headroom, and up to 4x the track counts and 2x the I/O compared to its Pro Tools|HD Accel predecessor. And as customers’ needs grow, the system can be scaled to increase track counts, power, and I/O, using up to three Pro Tools|HDX cards and multiple Pro Tools HD Series interfaces.
With this addition to the Pro Tools|HD family, there are now two powerful system choices. Customers can choose the Pro Tools|HD Native system if they need the advanced workflows and sound quality of Pro Tools HD, and want to leverage their host computer to get the best performance and lowest latency. Or customers can choose the new flagship DSP-accelerated Pro Tools|HDX system if they require consistent peak performance and near-zero latency to handle extremely large and complex productions. Together, the Pro Tools|HD product family provides the highest performance, lowest latency, and greatest sound quality available for the most demanding audio post and music production professionals.
Mix bigger, better projects faster
- Get up to 5x the processing power of previous generation cards
- Manage larger productions with fewer cards, with up to 4x the playable track counts
- Work with up to 64 channels of I/O per card, enabling larger configurations with fewer cards
Get more headroom—less headaches
- Dramatically improve recording and mixing audio quality with over 1,000 dB additional headroom and higher resolution sound, thanks to the new floating-point architecture
- Capture, monitor, and output audio in pristine clarity with a choice of Pro Tools HD Series interfaces
- New AAX plug-in format—built for the future
- Pro Tools HD 10 introduces the new AAX (Avid Audio eXtension) plug-in format, enabling better workflows and sound parity when sharing sessions between DSP-accelerated and native-based Pro Tools systems
- With two formats available—AAX DSP and AAX Native—AAX opens the door to future advancements in Pro Tools technology
Pro Tools HD 10 software—included
- Record and play back up to 256 audio tracks per card (or play back up to 768 tracks with three cards) to support the most massive mixes
- Get great recording and playback responsiveness with the extended disk cache, which can load entire sessions into RAM, and ensures maximum track counts from networked-attached storage, such as Avid Unity™ ISIS®, and slower local drives
- Control up to 12 Pro Tools|HD systems from one using the Satellite Link option
- Mix audio from up to two Pro Tools|HD systems with a D-Command® control surface through Multi-mode.